You are planning a trip to St. John and are wondering “‘Which BVI should I visit on day trip from St. John“? Well, firstly you can’t go wrong every single island is beautiful. Secondly, don’t overplan or overthink it! Our captains are really flexible and you can always change itinerary during the day based on weather, wind and what you feel like doing. Still, here is a brief outline to help you choose the right trip for you!
Beach, Bar, Drink & Party
- Jost van Dyke (Soggy Dollar Bar, White Bay)
- Norman Island (Pirates/Willy T. – a stop at Jost on way back is included in price)
Snorkel, Beach, Bar & Drink
- Jost van Dyke (Soggy Dollar Bar, White Bay) and B-Line – Little Jost van Dyke (Snorkel & Beach bar)
- Jost van Dyke (Soggy Dollar Bar, White Bay) and Norman Island (Pirates/Aquarium/Caves/Indians) or Peter Island (Willy T.)
“I want to go back to Soggy Dollar but see more than that!”
- B-Line (Little Jost van Dyke, Beach Bar & Snorkeling), Bubbly Pools, Sandy Cay, Jost van Dyke (Soggy Dollar)
“I want to see it all!”
- Virgin Gorda, Norman Island & Jost van Dyke. Yes, our boat is fast and we can do all islands in one day and get a bit of everything, beautiful Nature at The Baths, Snorkeling at Norman and Drinks at Willy T. and to end the day at Soggy Dollar bar.
Relaxation away from crowds / Good food & Snorkeling
- Reef Bay Trail (day trip or half day trip St. John)
- Sandy Cay (Jost van Dyke)
- Bubbly pools (Jost van Dyke)
- The Baths (Virgin Gorda)
- Sandy Spit (“Corona Island” / Jost van Dyke)
- Sunset Cruise
- Full day Snorkeling Trip
“I have no passport / Don’t want to pay BVI Customs”
- Abi Beach Bar (off Green Cay STT) & Pizza Pi
- USVI barhoppin trip
- Half day trip St. John
- Day trip best of St. John
- Jost van Dyke & Sandy Cay Kids love playing Robinson Crusoe on the uninhabited Cay Sandy Cay and Pizza Pi on way back.
- Half day trip “Best of St. John” & Pizza Pi. Get some pizza from the Pizza Boat Pizza Pi, your kids will love it.
“I have not been on boats much and am afraid I might get sick!”
- Start with Jost van dyke, our boat is fast and was built for offshore fishing – it will be a quick, smooth ride of 20mins.
“I want to spend some romantic couple time”
- B-Line, Sandy Cay, Sandy Spit and Soggy Dollar (Jost van Dyke Trip)
- Peter Island: visit their spa & resort for some romantic couple time and then head to Jost van Dyke afterwards.
“I want to paddleboard“
- Virgin Gorda. Paddling around the boulders is a truly otherworldy experience. If you don’t want to go that far, Jost, B-Line and Sandy Cay are also nice. If you are an experienced paddler you can do a downwinder from Sandy Cay to Soggy Dollar.
“I want to go snorkeling & fishing!”
- Try our half day snokel & half day fishing combo
- Or go to Norman Island for Snorkeling, Wily T. or Pirates and then we can go back along the South Shore and fish all the way back (Jost van Dyke stop not possible in this option)
“I have seen it all! – show me something completely different and stunning!”
“I need to see how it looks like there!”
Watch the videos below…..
- Jost van Dyke Day Trip Video
- Willy T. Day Trip from St. John
- Cooper Island Day Trip Video
- Virgin Gorda Day Trip Video
While the choices are unlimited our pricing is simple
Price is based on the furthest island, all other stops are included. The price includes captain and fuel – no hidden extra charges. Not included are BVI customs and mooring fees and gratuity for the captain. We provide water and ice and you can use our Easybreath full face masks for free.
- Sunset Cruise: 250$
- Half day USVI: 400$
- Jost van Dyke or Full day St. John: 650$
- Norman: 800$
- Cooper or Peter: 850$
- Virgin Gorda: 950$
- Anegada: 1050$
Island by Island Overview
Jost van Dyke, BVI (closest to St. John)
Named for an early Dutch settler and former pirate, rugged scenery and colorful folklore make up Jost Van Dyke. With fewer than 300 inhabitants, it measures just four miles by three.It retains the island culture that much of the Caribbean has lost. Jost Van Dyke is a little island with a big reputation. It is also home of the Soggy Dollar Bar, the bar that invented the famous Painkiller Cocktail.
If you only want to visit one island, Jost has it all. White Bay is one of the best beaches in the world, Soggy Dollar always makes it on the top 10 beach bar lists and there are a more bars, restaurants and shops to roam around. A day trip from Jost van Dyke.
Norman Island, BVI
Norman Island sits East of St. John and just seven miles south of Tortola at the southern tip of the British Virgin Islands. It is 2.5 miles long with a total land mass of only 600 acres and feels like it is a million miles from anywhere. It is one of a number of islands reputed to be the inspiration for Robert Louis Stevenson’s pirate novel Treasure Island.
After Jost van Dyke it is second closest to St. John. While there is not much to see on the island itself, Norman Island is home to Pirate’s Bight (Pictured above), infamous floating Bar Willy T. and some of the best BVI snorkeling spots (Indians, Caves, Aquarium etc.)
Cooper Island, BVI
Cooper Island sits East of Norman Island and is home of Cooper Island Beach Club. It is a more upscale and relaxed setting vs. for example Soggy Dollar bar and the food is just great. There is also some good snorkeling. It’s not a place where you want to spend the whole day but it is great for a relaxed lunch or afternoon.
Virgin Gorda is the third-largest (after Tortola and Anegada) and second most populous of the British Virgin Islands (BVI). Christopher Columbus is said to have named the island “The Fat Virgin”, because the island’s profile on the horizon looks like a fat woman lying on her side. It is a bit of a longer, more expensive ride from St. John.
The Baths are Virgin Gorda’s most famous attraction. They are a sublime jumbled collection of sky-high granite boulders. The rocks are made of volcanic java from about 70million years ago and form a series of grottoes that fill with water and shafts of kaleidoscopic sunlight and look truly otherworldly.
is home to Peter Island Resort & Spa, a casually elegant British Virgin Island resort and spa hidden away on an 1,800-acre oasis of tranquility. It is a great place to spend some romantic couple time before heading to Jost van Dyke to end the day with some painkillers.
Anegada is the northernmost of the British Virgin Islands and a much longer ride. It lies approximately 15 miles (24 km) north of Virgin Gorda. Anegada is formed from coral and limestone, rather than being of volcanic origin. While the other islands are mountainous, Anegada is flat and low. It is the only all-coral atoll in the VI and a mere 28 feet above sea level. That’s the place where we ourselves go to relax, it is so small, quiet and laid back.
Going to Anegada for a day can be a bit of a stretch (depening on ocean and due to customs hours), you might consider doing a customs overnight trip to truly have time to explore it’s beauty