Are the USVI open for visitors?
St. John is back open for visitors. All visitors from age 5 onwards need negative covid-19 test maximum 5 days old or positive antibody test.
For latest official updates, check out www.usviupdate.com
Are the BVI open for day charters?
September 27th UPDATE: Fully vaccinated travellers with recent test (max 5 days) can enter the BVI but still have to take test upon arrival (50$) if anyone tests positive the boat has to go back. The test from entry should then also be good to re-enter the US. So with the normal customs fees you are looking at about 125$ extra per person to go to the BVI for the day and you risk being sent test if there is a positive or false positive.
Effective 1st October 2021
Where captain & crew are fully vaccinated:
A person is deemed to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 two weeks after they have received both doses of an approved two-dose vaccine such as AstraZeneca, Pfizer, or Moderna, and one shot of a single-dose vaccine such as Johnson & Johnson.
Fully vaccinated persons will not be required to complete the portal.
Present on arrival negative results of a PCR or approved Rapid Antigen test taken no more than 5 days prior, along with proof of vaccination.
Subject to a Rapid or PCR test on arrival. Where a rapid test is taken you will await results at the port of entry. Where a PCR test is administered results will be sent via email – in this case you are not required to quarantine while awaiting results.
Fully vaccinated travelers with children:
Children (between 5 and 17) traveling within a group of fully vaccinated adults (as above) will be subject to testing on arrival. They will be immediately released from quarantine along with their fully vaccinated parent or guardian. They must remain within their ‘bubble’.
Present on arrival negative results of a PCR test taken no more than 5 days prior.
What are the USVI Boat Charter Options?
- We can go snorkeling/sightseeing to the Cays north of St. John and other places that cannot or cannot easily be reached by car/foot/swimming. For example: Mermaids chair, Whisling Cay, Congo, Mingo, Lovango, Xmas cove, Waterlemon, Tektike, Booby Rock and more.
- You can swim in hike up reef bay to the waterfall and petroglyphs (easy 20min hike up from water vs. full day hike down and up from centerline if you do it by car)
- As for food options there is Pizza Pi, the Pizza Boat, the new restaurant on Lovango Cay (closes for season July 15) and Lime Out (closes for season August 22). Lime Out is only included in the full day trip. Pizza Pi and Lovango are included in half day or 3/4 day as well. Lovango requires reservation for lunch table and mooring which you can reserve online here.
- Seasonal Re-Opening: Lime out is re-opening on October 5. Pizza Pi hasn't announced their re-opening yet, it is usually mid-end November. Lovango Cay reopens on December 20th with expanded facilities and more experiences!
- We start the trip at National park dock near mongoose junction. Northshore Deli is close by and has great food to go options and opens very early https://www.
northshoredelistjohn.com/ phone in your order and it will be ready for you to pickup before your trip.
We have a cooler and water and ice on board and you are welcome to bring your own drinks and snacks.
- Everything always depends on wind and ocean, right now we have a big north swell from hurricane teddy so the north is rough but the south is calm as a lake so a great day to snorkel the southern spots and swim in at reef bay which can be rough so don't think to much about the exact stops, Captain Steve has been doing these charters for many years and will help you choose the best places to go for the day.
Sunset Cruise 390$ including captain and fuel
Visit Pizza Pi the pizza boat, enjoy your pizza while watching the sunset or jump in for a snorkel at Chrismas Cove or bring your picnic or food from North Shore Deli or Sam and Jacks to enjoy while cruising into the sunset. The price is for the whole boat up to 6 people, including captain and fuel. We have a couple's special for only 2 people which is 350$. Please put that into notes field and price will be adjusted.
Half day USVI 590$ including captain and fuel
Best of North or South Shore incl. Pizza Pi the pizza boat and cays north of st. john (snorkeling and sightseeing) or you can hike up Reef Bay.
3/4 day USVI 690$ including captain and fuel
Best of North and South Shore incl. pizza pi the pizza boat and cays north of St. John (snorkeling and sightseeing) if you want, you can also hike up Reef Bay (for waterfall and petroglyphs), it is a short swim to shore and then an easy 20min hike up (compared to the full day hike up and down from centerline)
Full Day USVI 790$ including captain and fuel & Limeout
All around St. John (North Shore and South Shore Spots) incl. stop at Lime Out which is on the Coral Bay side of island. This charter is not recommended on a very rough day. If you have booked this and there is a big swell / strong winds making the ocean very rough you can always change it to 3/4 day.
Add (inshore) fishing option to any charter for 100$
Our most popular option is the 3/4 day as you don't have to clear customs and pay customs fees (like when going to BVI) so you don't really need a full day unless you want to go to lime out which is a very long way.
Pizza Pi and Lime Out
If you would like to visit Pizza Pi the Pizza Boat or Lime Out on your charter please check their website and facebook pages for latest opening days, right now Lime Out is set to have their current "last day" on 8/15 or 8/22 and re-open is 10/5 or 10/12.
Alternatively you can grab some snacks for your charter for example from North Shore Deli (across from National Park Dock) or Sam and Jacks at upper level Starfish.
Open for paddleboard deliveries
We have also paddleboard deliveries but will not be giving lessons or renting snorkel gear for now. We thank our customers for their continued support during these difficult times and can't wait to head back to Jost with y'all
Changes due to Covid:
- Please sanitize your hands upon entering the boat we should have hand sanitizer on board.
Captain Steve is fully vaccinated but we still have to adhere to local guidelines requiring masks whenever within 6feet of someone not in your household
- We are NOT providing snorkel gear we don't think these are times to share breathing equipment even with careful disinfection a risk remains esp. for the crew cleaning it.
- You are however welcome to borrow fins.
- For payment the captain can run the final charge on the card you used for deposit if you would like to use different card please pay online with the PAY NOW link in the booking invoice.