The first storms have passed, it is the end of a great season and time to thank our awesome captains, wonderful customers and fantastic friends for all the good times we had on www.rockhoppin.com. Thanks for booking with us and we hope to see you again in the upcoming 2015/2016 season! We will remain open in September and are hopeful that “Erika” and “Danny” were the only storms for the season but will tow the boat out of water again in case of another warning. Until then, here are some of our favorite memories from the past season.
Our comfortable 32 FS Regulator with twin Yamaha 250s will take you out for the day on a private charter. The typical day trip starts at 9:00 AM in Cruz Bay, St. John and ends at around 4:30/5pm. Here is an overview over our most popular day trip destinations. The itinerary is flexible and based on the weather, wind and your preferences our experienced captains will take you to the best spots.
Spend a great day on the water – No hidden extra charges!
The prices depend on destination. Different from most charter companies, they include captain and fuel, the only extras are the BVI customs / mooring fees. We do not charge for additional stops. So on ones destination you can add as many stops as you want. Number of stops is only limited by the time….for BVI trips, we have to be back on St. John around 4:30 / 5:00 to check into customs.
Day trips from St. John, USVI Waters
Around St. John (USVI)
- Around St. John – circumnavigate the island, see St. John from the water. This trip stays in the USVI waters, so you will not need a passport. 600$ incl. captain and fuel
- Go snorkeling on the Cays North of St. John, Explore the beautiful North Shore Beaches, then head to Reef Bay for the Petroglyphs, waterfall, sweeat water pool and sugar mill ruin. From there head to Tektike and Booby rock for more snorkeling. 600$ incl. captain and fuel
Day trips from St. John to the BVIs
- Jost van Dyke, Sandy Cay, Foxy’s Taboo, One Love, B-Line: 650$ incl. captain and fuel
- Virgin Gorda, The Baths, Norman, Willy T., Jost van Dyke, Aquarium, Fallen Jerusalem: 900$ incl. captain and fuel
Half Day Snorkeling, half day fishing combo (900$)
- Depending the conditions, we will either snorkel the best spots on the North Shore (Lovango, Hawksnest, Whisling Cay, Waterlemon) or the South Shore (Reef Bay, Tektike, Booby Rock
- afterwards we can go fishing at the South Drop for Mahi, Wahoo, Dolphin and do inshore trolling for Tuna, Snappers and Kingfish
your destination is not on the list? We can take you anywhere in the USVI and BVI, Anegada, Peter Island, Tortola, just let us know where you would like to go.
Booking a day trip from St. John
Email us on rockhoppinusvi(at)gmail.com, text us on 340-514-5527 or use the form below to to make a booking. Select your date in the calendar and pay a 150$ deposit. The rest is due on day of charter (after trip, cash, card or cheque). All prices include captain, fuel, water, ice and use of our snorkeling gear. Not included: gratuity for Captain. Should we have to cancel the trip due to adverse weather (which we don’t expect) the deposit will of course be refunded.
We offer day trips (powerboat charter) out of Cruz Bay, St. John. This is normally a private charter (only you and your family) but we occasionally also offer shared trips for couples or singles.
BVI DAY TRIPS FROM ST. JOHN
Our most popular Day Trips from St. John are:
All these trips are to the BVI, so you will need a passport. If you would like to stay in US waters, we also do day trips on St. John, we do have a permit for the National Park so we can take you to all the most beautiful places.
USVI DAY TRIPS FROM ST. JOHN
St. John Circumnavigation
Many other destinations and custom trips are available. We can take you as far as Anegada. Send an email to info(at)rockhoppin.com or use the contact form and let us know where you would like to go.