WHERE DOES THE TRIP START & END?
- The trip will start out of Cruz Bay, we will normally meet you at National Park Dock at 8:00 AM for BVI trips, 9:00 for full day USVI trips and 10:00 AM for half day and 3/4 day trips.
Our dark blue 32 FS Regulator Boat will pick you up at National Park Dock across from Mongoose Junction. We can’t park the boat there for longer than 15mins so the captain usually circles the harbor, so signal him when you get there and he will pull in. We usually also end the trip there. For BVI trips you can also disembark the boat at the customs dock, after clearing customs. You can reach Captain Steve on 340-626-2859
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE PRICE?
- The prices are for a private charter for 6 people. Different from most charters, our prices include captain and fuel – there are no hidden extra charges! Please check with us if you have a group of more than 6.
- They do not include BVI customs and mooring fees (currently about 80$ per person) & gratuity for captain.
- We provide water and ice, you are welcome to bring you own food and drink (adult beverages welcome). For beer please bring cans (instead of glass) if possible, for liquor glass bottles are fine. In an effort to reduce plastic waste (all trash from St. John goes to St. Thomas on the barge, they do not burn the trash and their landfill is almost full) we have switched from the small plastic bottles to gallon size jugs and provide cups & pen to write down name or you can bring your own cup/water bottle if you have)
- The prices are based on a start in Cruz Bay, St. John. Other starting points (e.g. Red Hook, St. Thomas, Westend Tortola, Road Town) are available upon request and may incur additional fees.
- You are welcome to use our Easybreath Snorkeling Masks for free (or traditional masks) and fins.
HOW MANY PEOPLE CAN YOU TAKE?
pricing is for 6 we can take additional passengers for 100$ extra pp
Jost van Dyke and USVI half day or 3/4 day: max 10
Willy T./Norman or full day USVI: 8
Virgin Gorda: 6
Sunset Cruise: 10 (extra charge 50$ per extra person)
WILL WE HAVE THE BOAT TO OURSELVES?
- The prices are for a private charter for up to 6 people, this means you and your friends/family will have the boat to yourselves. Options and pricing for larger parties are available upon requests.
- We do occasionally match singles and couples with other parties who are interested in sharing but only if you request so (we will never put any strangers on your charter!)
IS TIPPING EXPECTED?
- A tip for great service is appreciated by our captains who work hard to keep you safe & comfortable and make sure you have a great day on the water.
HOW MUCH ARE THE BVI Customs fees?
- About 45$ per person (subject to change), depends on # of people on boat, day of the week and mood of customs officer. You pay them directly in cash on the day.
DO I NEED A PASSPORT?
- A valid passport is required for BVI trips. The BVI customs officer can also accept a birth certificate and a picture ID but if you have a passport it is safer to bring that along.
WHERE CAN WE PARK?
- There is free parking at the gravel lot in between tennis courts and car barge exit. It is about 10 minutes walk to National Park Dock. There is paid parking at Beach Bar and Slim Mans across from Wharfside complex (Strand Street) and another paid lot at the corner where the bank used to be (across from Woody’s). Some car rental companies (e.g. Sunshine Jeep Rentals) also offer free parking in town.
DOES THE BOAT HAVE A BATHROOM?
- Our boat has a small emergency bathroom. Boat toilets are fickle, please don’t put toilet paper or sanitary towels etc. into the bowl it will back it up or destroy the pump. Please let the captain know if you need to use the bathroom, he might be able to stop at a restaurant for you which will be more convenient.
CAN I BRING A PADDLEBOARD?
- We are paddleboard/SUP friendly and you can take your paddleboard on the trip. If you don’t have one with you, you can rent 2 boards for the day for 100$ instead of $130 for stand alone board rental. We get them and load them onto the boat for you!
WHAT SHALL I BRING?
- Reef safe Sunscreen, longsleeve (lycra), snorkeling gear, waterproof bag for camera/phone, towel, change of clothes (dry shirt/shorts), camera, sunglasses, bugspray, cash (for customs), credit card.
- For BVI trips you will have to walk through US customs when we check back into St. John, they will require you to wear a shirt and shoes (flip flops are fine)
WHAT KIND OF MERCHANDISE IS AVAILABE?
- We have a variety of hats and T-Shirts for sale. You can see all models here. We do not have all styles and sizes on the boat, send us a text or email if you want a certain model and we will have it ready for you
- We also sell reef safe sunscreen and Aloe Vera Gel