In yesterday’s press conference the governor reverted the USVI back to “stay at home” phase. This is due to a spike in covid-19 cases, mostly on St. Thomas where they recorded 55 new postitives this week in only one day, for a population of 55.000
- Hotels, airbnb, guest houses cease accepting new reservations for leisure travel for 30 days
Effective Monday August 17 territory goes back to Stay at Home phase orange
- 6 AM Monday all non essential businesses closed for at least 2 weeks. “After 2 weeks we will assess number of active cases and make decision”.
- Churches and schools closed.
- All beaches closed on weekends at noon
- Restaurant take out only.
- Max 10 people in stores or gatherings exceptions large stores on St. Thomas
Effective August 19:
- Effective August 19 no new check-ins for leisure travel for 30 days.
Based on the governor’s order we are suspending all leisure charters immediately, and all bookings for the next 2 weeks have been fully refunded. We could potentially still do supply runs and fishing but for now we have hauled our 32FS Regulator out and have started an overhaul with sanding down the existing paint and bottom paint. We are expecting a very active hurricane season for the next few weeks anyways so the boat is safer in the boat yard. We have for now blocked all reservations until September 19 depending on how the hurricane season and covid-19 cases go this might be extended.
The BVI’s which were the main destination for our day trips are still closed so business was limited already even during the busy summer. The BVIs are schedule to re-open September 1st but this might be extended or they might open for visitors with covid-19 test but not for day charters we will see.
Many people ask about supporting local businesses on St. John
Here are some ways.
- Leave a positive review for your last charter. You can review us on tripadvisor here and on facebook here
- Order a Rockhoppin’ T-Shirt, Tank or hoodie here
- Book a future charter for a random date and pay either the 150$ deposit or the full amount here. Once your future travel date is confirmed we can move the booking to the actual date. All our charters are fully refundable up to 72 hours before the booked date