Boat Charter Trips out of Cruz Bay, St. John
Discover what the islands are known for aboard our great Powerboat Rock Hoppin': snorkeling, beach side restaurants & bars and white, sandy beaches. No matter what your preferences are: exploring the beauty of nature, snorkeling, drinking/partying, we will find the right itinerary for you and you will have a great day on the water with us.
Our charter boat is a 32 FS Regulator. It is 32ft long and has twin Yamaha 250s. Fully licensed and insured, it has cushioned, forward-facing seating and will provide a very comfortable, (mostly) dry ride.
Our super experienced Captain Steve, a retired marine is great and will take you to the best can take you to the most beautiful spots in the BVI and USVI. We do full day trips, half day trips, sunset cruises. We also offer custom trips, overnight trips or full moon excursions.
We have a first class stereo system, you can connect your phone or ipod to it via headphone jack and listen to your favorite music. We also have a large cooler which we will with water and ice for each trip, you can bring your own booze and food and keep it ice cold. Oh, and our boat also has a head (for non-boaters: that is a bathroom with toilet). More details and photos on the boat are here.
Booking Options for St. John Boat Charter
Half Day Charter (USVI waters only)
- typically 10:00 to 2:00, other timings available
- Price: 490$ including captain and fuel
Full Day Charter (USVI and BVI)
You will spend the whole day on the boat with us. This gives plenty of time for multiple stops. Our most popular day charter destination is Jost van Dyke, but we can also take you as far as Virgin Gorda.
- typically 9:00 am – 4:30/5:00 pm, other timings available
- Price: starting from 690$ including captain and fuel depending on destination, see more details here.
Imagine sitting on the boat, sipping a cold drink and seeing the sun drop into the water or behind the rock. If you get really lucky, you might even see the famous green flash
- 5:00 pm – 7:30 pm (USVI waters only)
- Price: 290$ including captain and fuel
Don't want to rush back at 4:30 to check into customs? Prefer to spend the night on one of the beautiful islands? Overnight trips are available upon request. We charge the price for the destination plus 500$ for the next day and 100$ for the night.
St. John Boat Charter Destinations:
Wondering where you should go? Check out this article here.
Local Trips (USVI waters only)
- Half day snorkeling (Lavango, Whisling Cay, Water lemon or Shouth Shore: Booby Rock, Tektike)
- Half day best of St. John
- Half Day: Reef Bay & Petroglphys
- Half day snorkeling & half day fishing
- 3/4 Day St. John: snorkeling, sightseeing and Pizza Pi
- Full day St. John (Best of St. John or Around St. John)
- Sunset Cruise
- Pizza Pi the pizza boat (can be stop in half or full day trip or sunset cruise)
Popular BVI Destinations include but are not limited to
- Jost van Dyke (White Bay, Soggy Dollar Bar, Foxy's, Paddleboarding)
- Sandy Cay
- Sandy Spit on a calm day you will find a beautiful underwater garden for snorkeling with schools of Blue Tang
- Willy T.,
- Norman Island (The caves and spyglass wall are awesome for deep water snorkeling)
- The Indians (great snorkeling)
- Peter Island (Great Harbour, Little Harbour and White Bay are beautiful spots for swimming)
- Cooper Island (Cooper Island Beach Club)
- Dog Island (cluster or Islands between Virgin Gorda and Tortola, there is a great reef for snorkeling)
- Virgin Gorda & The Baths
- Bitter End
- Tortola (for example long beach, Soper's Hole Shopping, Dolphin Discovery, Apple Bay, Cane Garden Bay and there is great snorkeling at Monkey Point / Guana Island or Long Bay / Beef Island and at Smuggler's Cove)
- Custom trips, island pickups and overnight trips available.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE PRICE?
- The prices are for a private charter for 6 people. Different from most charters, our prices include captain and fuel - there are no hidden extra charges
- They do not include BVI customs and mooring fees (currently about 75-95$ per person, subject to change).
- We provide water and ice, you are welcome to bring you own food and drink (adult beverages welcome).
- The prices are based on a start in Cruz Bay, St. John. Our trips usually begin there at 9:00 AM. Other starting points (e.g. Red Hook, St. Thomas, Westend Tortola, Road Town) are available upon request.
- You are welcome to use our Easybreath Snorkeling Masks for free (or traditional masks) and fins.
WILL WE HAVE THE BOAT TO OURSELVES?
- The prices are for a private charter for up to 6 people, this means you and your friends/family will have the boat to yourselves. Options and pricing for larger parties are available upon requests.
- We do occasionaly match singles and couples with other parties who are interested in sharing but only if you request so (we will never put any strangers on your charter!)
IS TIPPING EXPECTED?
- A tip for great service is appreciated by our captains who work hard to keep you safe & comfortable and make sure you have a great day on the water.
DO I NEED A PASSPORT?
- A valid passport is required for BVI trips. BVI customs also accepts government issued ID plus birth certificate
WHERE DOES THE TRIP START?
- The trip will start out of Cruz Bay, we will normally meet you at National Park Dock in Cruz Bay at 9:00 AM for full day trips and 10:00 AM for half day trips, times for fishing trips and sunset cruises vary by season
CAN I BRING A PADDLEBOARD?
- We are paddleboard/SUP friendly and you can take your paddleboard on the trip. If you don't have one with you, you can rent 2 boards for the day for 100$ instead of $130 for stand alone board rental. We get them and load them onto the boat for you!
WHAT SHALL I BRING?
- reef safe Sunscreen, longsleeve (lycra), snorkeling gear, waterproof bag for camera/phone, towel, change of clothes (dry shirt/shorts), camera, sunglasses, bugspray, cash (for customs), credit card.
WHAT KIND OF MERCHANDISE IS AVAILABE?
- We have a variety of hats and T-Shirts for sale. You can see all models here. We do not have all styles and sizes on the boat, send us a text or email if you want a certain model and we will have it ready for you
- We also sell reef safe sunscreen and Aloe Vera Gel
Email us on rockhoppinusvi(at)gmail.com with questions/special requests or use the form below to to make a booking. Select your date in the calendar and pay a 150$ deposit. The rest is due on day of charter (after trip, cash, card or cheque). All prices include captain, fuel, water, ice and use of our snorkeling gear. Not included: gratuity for Captain. Should we have to cancel the trip due to adverse weather (which we don't expect) the deposit will of course be refunded.